Our 2nd sustainable business microfunder will be held Thursday, October 10, 5:30 pm at Saffron’s Restaurant in Building ‘A’ at Fanshawe College, London.
Online registration is open for this event: http://londonsoup2.eventbrite.ca . There are also limited numbers of tickets available at the door and a special allotment of lower priced ‘Toonie-tix’ will be available for students.
LondonSOUP is a open to all area residents & students, has a local food & sustainability theme and is delivered by a group of experienced volunteers with similar business backgrounds.
We are seeking anyone with a suitable concept to compete for the evening’s best sustainable business idea. They can apply by forwarding a request to our ‘info at londonsoup.ca‘ address or via the ‘Contact the Organizer’ link on the Eventbrite ticket registration site.
The LondonSOUP concept:
- Meet: inaugural event on Sunday, October 10 at 5:30 pm at Saffron’s Restaurant (Building ‘A’, Fanshawe College, London Campus)
- Persuade: selected individuals briefly pitch their sustainability-themed proposal to a London audience
- Discuss: audience may ask questions and compare notes with others attending the event, as they choose the winner
- Vote: using their spoons, votes are cast to determine best idea winning proceeds of the night
- Eat: admission includes the focus meal, a bowl of delicious veggie or carnivore soup, sourced from locally-produced ingredients
Some favourable media articles on our inaugural LondonSOUP can be found here:
London Community News –
LondonSOUP hopes to serve up some tasty business ideas
Western Gazette –Speakers seek souper sustainable solution
Fanshawe Student Union –The search for London’s SOUPerstars
As we did for our successful inaugural April event, prizes will be given for the best ‘Spiffy Bowl’ being brought to the event by any attendee.
We hope that you and your colleagues might also be able to attend, contributing to the continued success of business microfunder events in London.