LondonSOUP ~ the beginnings
LondonSoup was started by a small group of food enthusiasts with an interest in promoting local, nutritious foods and sustainable projects.
What is LondonSOUP?
- LondonSOUP is a grassroots micro-funder of creative projects
- Our underlying theme is on sustainability: of locally sourced food ingredients, concept ideas & future business opportunities, working to integrate these in a positive manner within the local community.
Who is involved?
- Our SOUPsters have worked together to create a public auditioning forum for the growth of business ideas from area entrepreneurs.
- Through the participation of supportive LondonSOUP patrons, presenters are provided with the opportunity to meet, inform, persuade, discuss, collaborate, test-market, and compete for funding to support their ideas.
Have an idea?
- We are asking artists, entrepreneurs, educators, students, performers, and other interesting people to submit proposals for one micro-grant for their sustainable project.
- Obtain the proposal template read our presenters page
- Thereafter, interested participants will congregate on a Sunday night at a central location to hear these innovative funding requests. All paying attendees receive a single vote to determine best idea presented, with the funding winner determined by majority vote.
- Understanding the interconnections among economy, society, and environment
- Equitable distribution of resources and opportunities
- Sustainable agriculture
- Sustainable community and society
- Sustainable development
- Sustainable business and production